Last Updated: October 20, 2021
The Platform is not intended for children under 16 years of age without parental consent. No one under age 16 may provide any personal information to or on the Platform without parental consent. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16 without parental consent. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on the Platform or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use.
If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16 without the parental consent of that child, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information You Provide To Us
We collect information Users provide directly to us, including but not limited to the following:
- Health information. When you input any information relating to your health or another person’s health into the Platform, you consent to our collection, use, and disclosure of the information you provide, including, but not limited to, any health and/or disease-related information and conditions (such as current symptoms, medical history, current medical conditions, and associated treatments), clinical, and other information. By creating an account, registering, and submitting information about your or another person’s health, you consent to our collection, use, and sharing of the information you submit, including health and genetic-related information, with the appropriate caregiver(s). If you are providing information on behalf of someone else, you represent that you have received consent from that person to share the information you are providing on their behalf.
- Personal information you voluntarily provide to us. In addition, we collect information you provide directly to us when you create an account, register, submit, or post content through our Services, make a purchase, communicate with us via third-party platforms including email, participate in a loyalty program or promotion, request customer support, otherwise communicate with us, or share information about yourself or about someone else on their behalf through questionnaires, forms, features, and applications. The types of personal information we may collect include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, credit card and other payment information, and any other information you choose to provide.
Other Information We Collect When You Interact with Us
When you access or use our Services or otherwise transact business with us, we automatically collect information about your activities, including:
- Activity Information: We collect information about your activity on our Services, such as completing questionnaires.
- Transactional Information: When you make a purchase or return, we collect information about the transaction, such as product details, purchase price, and date and location of the transaction.
- Device and Usage Information: We collect information about how you access our Services, including data about the device and network you use, such as your hardware model, operating system version, mobile network, IP address, unique device identifiers, browser type, and app version. We also collect information about your activity on our Services, such as access times, pages viewed, links clicked, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We (and our service providers) use tracking technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information about you. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness.
- Information We Derive. We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we or our partners collect. For example, we may make inferences about your location based on your IP address.
- Authorized Agent. You may designate an authorized agent to submit information to the Platform on your behalf. Submitting information about an individual other than yourself without that person’s express authorization is strictly prohibited.
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, and improve our Services and Caregiving Services, including, but not limited to, caring for Care Recipients and communicating with Family Members. We also use the information we collect to:
- Process account creation, User registration, and other transactions and send you related information;
- Market and communicate with you about products, services, events, and other promotions offered by Omatochi, or, subject to any consents or authorizations that are required by applicable law, those of our third-party partners, and provide news and information we think will interest you (see Your Choices below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
- Provide and administer research, analytics, and anonymous reporting for internal and external clients and business partners;
- Send you technical notices, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and to respond to your comments, questions, and to provide you customer service;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize your online experience and the advertisements you see when you use our Services or third-party platforms based on your preferences, interests, and browsing and purchasing behavior and audit your interactions with our online ads, including by counting ad impressions and verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and protect the rights and property of Omatochi and others;
- Debug to identify and repair errors in our Services;
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We share personal information in the following circumstances or as otherwise described in this policy:
- With caregivers that need access to personal information in order to perform our Caregiving Services;
- With Family Members who are registered through the Platform and authorized to receive personal information, including protected health information, about a Care Recipient;
- With vendors, service providers, and consultants that need access to personal information in order to perform services for us, such as companies that assist us with web hosting, shipping and delivery, payment processing, fraud prevention, customer service, analytics, marketing, and advertising;
- With third parties such as pharmacies, supermarket chains, nutrition and supplement manufacturers, and other providers and retailers to promote and offer their products and services to you and our Care Recipients;
- With licensed, authorized medical professionals for treatment purposes;
- Publicly if you submit a review or post content such as a blog or other influencer posting in another public area;
- With third parties for their own services and marketing purposes, unless you opt out of this type of sharing by emailing us at email@example.com;
- If we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe you have violated the law, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of Omatochi, our Users, our Care Recipients, our caregivers, the public, or others;
- With our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among Omatochi and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent through use of the Platform or at your direction.
SOCIAL SHARING FEATURES
We may also work with third parties to serve ads to you as part of customized campaigns on third-party platforms (such as Facebook). As part of these ad campaigns, we or third-party platforms may convert information about you, such as your email address and phone number, into a unique value that can be matched with a user account on these platforms to allow us to learn about your interests and serve you advertising that is customized to your interests. Note that the third-party platforms may offer you choices about whether you see these types of customized ads.
Omatochi does not respond to Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals to the extent received from a web browser. Because there currently is not a universally accepted technological or legal standard for recognizing or honoring DNT signals as reflections of user choice, we do not respond to them at this time. Once such technology is created and has received applicable regulatory approval, we will consider (a) whether it is possible; and (b) if so, how it can be incorporated within our environment in the future.
Omatochi is headquartered in the United States and we have operations and service providers in the United States and other countries. Therefore, we and our service providers may transfer your personal information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
You may update and correct certain account information you provide to us at any time by logging into your account or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org . If you wish to deactivate your account, please email us at email@example.com, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that removing or rejecting cookies could affect the availability and functionality of some of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails or text messages from Omatochi by following the instructions in those communications. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations. You may also opt out of receiving promotional emails or text messages from third parties with whom we’ve shared your personal information as described in the “Sharing of Information” section above by following the instructions provided by such companies in their promotional communications to you.
Mobile Push Notifications
With your consent, we may send push notifications to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
The California Consumer Privacy Act or “CCPA” (California Civil Code Section 1798.100 et seq.) and the “Shine the Light” Law (California Civil Code section 1798.83) afford consumers residing in California certain rights with respect to their personal information. If you are a California resident, this section applies to you.
California Consumer Privacy Act
In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information:
- identifiers (such as name, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, or other similar identifiers);
- personal information as described in California Civil Code Section 1798.80(e), including health information;
- characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law (such as, but not limited to, age, race, sex, sexual orientation, medical, or health conditions), commercial information such as records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered by you;
- biometric information;
- internet or other electronic network activity information (such as browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement);
- professional or employment-related information; and
- inferences drawn from any of the information identified in this subdivision to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
For examples of the precise data points we collect and the categories of sources of such collection, please see Collection of Information section above. We collect personal information for the purposes described in Use of Information section above.
Subject to certain limitations, you have the right to (1) request to know more about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect, use, disclose, and sell, (2) request deletion of your personal information, (3) opt out of any “sales” of your personal information that may be occurring, and (4) not be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
You may make these requests by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will verify your request by asking you to provide information related to your registered account or a recent interaction with us. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
If we receive your request from an authorized agent, we may ask for evidence that you have provided such agent with power of attorney or that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests to exercise rights on your behalf. If you are an authorized agent seeking to make a request, please contact us at email@example.com.
Shine the Light
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© Omatochi 2024. All Rights Reserved.